The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Sunday, December 20, 2015

2015 -- Quite the Year!

Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and Great Lakes speaker. She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has written three books about the Great Lakes [A 1,000-Mile Walk on the Beach *a Heartland Indie Bestseller*A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Walk *winner of the Great Lakes Great Reads Award*, and A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Island Adventure]. To learn more about her work, or to book her as a speaker, go to http://LakeTrek.com


2015 was an amazing year.
Here are the highlights:

I began the year living in Chicago for several months where I finished the manuscript for the third book in my trilogy about our Great Lakes.

Chicago!


In May, 
A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Island Adventure was released to select indie bookstores and my book tour began. In June, the book was available everywhere. I had dozens of appearances and interviews this year.

Zinta Aistars at WMUK

While touring, I had time to stop in at the lamprey research center where I got to hold a live lamprey!

Speaking at Literati Bookstore in Ann Arbor


Literati Bookstore!


Black River Books, South Haven


Brilliant Books, Traverse City


Time to visit "my lake," Lake Michigan

The "Perimeter" exhibit -- about Lake Michigan and the people connected to this Great Lake -- came to Traverse City! 

"Perimeter" by Kevin J. Miyazaki featured my portrait 


Part of "Perimeter" by Kevin J. Miyazaki 

I met up with Bette Hartig at Great Lakes Book and Supply in Big Rapids. She has carved two walking sticks for me!

Bette & Me and the walking staffs she has carved for me


I spoke at the Ann Arbor Library!


I was honored to be interviewed by Cynthia Canty on Michigan Radio


I was the featured speaker at the Annual Meeting for this conservation group



I spoke to this outdoors group in Livonia


At the interview for this Chicago radio station


 I spoke at four REI stores in Chicago



I spoke at the WOW event in South Haven


This was a fantastic year for me and I hope it was for you, too!

I will continue to give my dynamic talks about our Great Lakes. 
And next year I will add a fourth presentation about Isle Royale!
All the best to you in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment