The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Detroit Area Book Tour

Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and Great Lakes speaker. She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has written three books about the Great Lakes [A 1,000-Mile Walk on the Beach *a Heartland Indie Bestseller*A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Walk *winner of the Great Lakes Great Reads Award*, and A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Island Adventure]. To learn more about her work, or to book her as a speaker, go to http://LakeTrek.com


I headed to the east side of Michigan for 7 events in mid-July.

My first talk was to the Rotarians who meet at the Grosse Pointe War Memorial. Just prior to this meeting, I was interviewed by Ted Everingham for his cable show "Great Lakes Log."

War Memorial building


Interview with Ted Everingham for Great Lakes Log

President of the Rotary Club

Library in the War Memorial


I traveled all over the metro Detroit area. Libraries and a new indie bookstore -- Pages Bookshop in Detroit -- hosted me for the remainder of my events.

Warren Library 


Salem-South Lyon Library


Romeo Library


Plymouth District Library


Pages Bookshop


Events pamphlet for the Ann Arbor District Library featured ME on the cover!

The Detroit Free Press listed these events as one of the "Best of the Best" things to do in the Detroit area during this week!

I am beginning to book events for 2016, so if you have a library, group or club looking for a speaker, please contact me at:  LakeTrek@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment