The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Chicago's Indie Bookstore

Chicagoooooo!

I am having a great winter in CHICAGO!

Recently, I stopped in at Sandmeyer's Bookstore in Chicago's historic Printer's Row. 

The owner, Ellen Sandmeyer, was there and we had a lovely chat. I met Ellen just before my first book came out and she was enthusiastic about my adventure. Both of my books are now on the shelves there!



Sandmeyer's Bookstore in Chicago's Printer's Row

 Chicago's annual Printer's Row Literary Festival takes place here on Dearborn street where this lovely indie bookstore is located. 


Inside the store with Ellen Sandmeyer!

 Remember: it's important WHERE you buy your books! Support your local indie bookstore, or any wonderful indie when you're traveling!

I picked up a copy of Donna Tartt's new novel!

To find indie bookstores wherever you may go, use the store finder on Indiebound.org

1 comment:

  1. For many years I've longed to go to the Printers Row book fair but can never get away from my own bookstore at that time of year. Someday?!

    Thought of you the other day as David and I reminisced about our last visit to Manitoulin Island....

    ReplyDelete